Through programs, education, networking and advocacy, the Hawaii Rainbow Chamber of Commerce champions the advancement of economic opportunities for Hawaii’s LGTBQ+ community and for those who support equality for all.
We envision a Hawaii where the LGTBQ+ community enjoys equal rights under the law as consumers, as employees, and as business owners. Hawaii will be a model for the world of diversity, respect and inclusion for the LGBTQ+ community.
Hawaii Rainbow Chamber of Commerce sees a world where values of respect, diversity and inclusion of LGBTQ+ owned businesses, employees, customers and their allies in the community are realized as the right values to hold as humans, and because equality is always good for business as well.
Hawaii Rainbow Chamber of Commerce is entirely volunteer and relies on qualified working board members to promote LGBTQ+ owned businesses, employees, students and allies in the community to promote diversity and equality in economic opportunity. Please contact us if you are interested in serving on the board or would like to volunteer your time in another capacity like event planning, website upkeep, membership development or other areas you see a need or interest in serving.
What we do
1 FOR BUSINESSES AND ORGANIZATIONS
• Recognize, promote, and position your business or organization to the LGBTQ+ and allied community as an advocate of diversity, inclusion and equality through our community directory and publications.
• Offer business builder workshops, seminars and training in conjunction with providing partners to increase your business.
• Provide certification to your business to become an official LGBTBE for diversity supplier initiatives.
• Work with companies and organizations in creating or enhancing policies aimed at a more equal, diverse and inclusive marketplace and labor force.
2 FOR OUR COMMUNITY
• Through our educational and networking events we help individuals from an array of small businesses, large corporations, nonprofits and government entities come together and create meaningful connections both within the LGBTQ+ business community and throughout the general business community.
• For companies and organizations, whether large or small, we provide opportunities to engage employees to develop leadership, provide positive mentoring, and give access to others in the LGBTQ+ professional community, through vehicles such as Employee Resource Groups, and more informally at educational and networking events.
• We also provide companies and employees opportunities to engage with the LGBTQ+ community through educational seminar offerings, leadership training, mentorship, volunteer activities, and other ways of meaningful engagement.
3 ADVOCACY ON BEHALF OF MEMBERS
• The Chamber advocates and represents the community before officials at all levels of government and media.
• Working with partners, the Chamber convenes forums of interest to the LGBTQ+ community on business and fundamental equality and civil rights issues.
• Working with companies and organizations through consulting, awareness campaigns, and workforce training, we help to advance issues of the importance of equality, diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace where this understanding may have previously been unmet or undervalued.